Thursday, June 19, 2014

The First Month Must Haves

I have decided to start doing a list of the things that we could not live without during the first month with a newborn and toddler. I didn't add the items that Rosalynn favors or what we use to distract her (that will be in a later post) because the list could go on and on. I mainly focus on what can help during that first month. This list of course doesn't state the obvious necessities like diapers, bottles, pacis, etc. But, this is the list of the things that make MY life and mornings a bit easier.


Keurig- This is a must in our household and for this momma. I love that I can turn it on while I am getting Rosalynn's breakfast ready and press a button and voila..coffee. Also you can program it to turn on and MAKE your coffee at a certain time. Moss is hungry and inpatient first thing in the am so I need something that works fast and makes damn good coffee. I would be a walking zombie without this.

Avent Breast Pump- Even though I have only used this once I highly recommend it. It was super easy to assemble and use. I love how it brings four bottles and comes in a handy travel bag. We decided on this pump since we are familiar with this brand and it wasn't as expensive as the others. I know once Moss gets older and his feedings become less frequent I will be using this.

Sakura Bloom- I can not say enough good things about this sling!! With Rosalynn we tried a couple of wraps and slings and they just didn't work out so I was a bit hesitant to purchase one for Moss. I asked my mommy friends and they all raved about this wrap so I made the jump and got one. I was pleasantly surprised. It is EASY to use and very lightweight. Moss enjoys is and it comes in handy when going to the store with two little ones. 

Lansinoh Breast Pads- If you are breast feeding then you know how wonderful these are. They do a great job at keeping your shirt dry and they don't look bumpy or make you look like you have pointy nipples under your shirt. 

Nap Nanny- Before you say anything yes I know they have been recalled and are discontinued. We got this when Rosalynn was little and she was giving us a problem sleeping and boy did it work!! She loved it and would fall right asleep as soon as she was in it. We never left her unattended and followed all the rules. Moss now sleeps in it and he sleeps like an angel.

Monkey Bouncer- Hello life saver!!!! This has become my favorite baby item! We originally were going to use Rosalynn's old swing but with a toddler running around decided against it and purchased this. We keep it on top of our couch so its not as easy for Rosalynn to climb over or bother the baby when he is sleeping. It has some great features like songs, noises, and a vibrating setting but we hardly use those. He just falls right asleep. Also when Rosalynn and I are on the floor playing I am able to put it on the floor and he can see what his big sister is doing and she can give him kisses. 

Boppy Pillow- This pillow should be a staple in any registry and nursery. I use this mostly while breastfeeding Moss. It gives me the ability to have my hands free just in case Rosalynn needs something or I'm eating (which is all the time). I have used it also to lay him on his side so he isn't always on his back and also for tummy time. This time around I have used it so much more and am glad that I actually kept it.

Hope this is helpful for first time moms and soon-to-be moms. I hope these items make your day a bit easier and gives you more time to enjoy your little ones. 

Here is a picture of the Boppy pillow in action thanks to Rosalynn and a cute one of Moss.
It's almost the weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment